Oil Comparison Sites
Are heating oil comparison sites the cheapest way to buy heating oil?
Oakleys Fuels would ask you to consider these facts:
- Heating oil comparison sites are NOT heating oil distributors. They are companies who advertise a service that they then outsource to oil distributors, such as Oakleys Fuels;
- The price you pay is the amount they have to pay the distributor to buy and deliver the fuel, plus the oil comparison website’s profit margin on top. It can therefore be cheaper to buy direct from your local distributor than through oil comparison sites;
- Householders should look at oil comparison site prices and be aware that the websites do not actually store heating oil or run fleets of delivery tankers;
- Consequently the website operators may find it difficult to deliver promptly to a household (particularly at times of high demand, like last winter);
- Local distributors have to prioritise their deliveries and plan their routes. Oakleys Fuels try to repay customer loyalty by offering preferential delivery options to regular buyers. Occasional one-off orders that come via oil comparison sites may be fulfilled as a lower priority.
At Oakleys Fuels, we strive to build long lasting relationships with all of our customers throughout our delivery areas. We pride ourselves on being able to offer consistently competitive prices whilst delivering a premium quality product coupled with a friendly and professional service.
Oakleys Fuels have now also extended our services, with the launch of an online quote and payment system for domestic customers – so no matter what time or day you are looking for a quote, you will be able to get a quote for your exact heating oil requirements. This includes selecting the amount of heating oil and any additives you may require, your preferred delivery schedule, as well as selecting the best lorry for delivery to your home.
Why not check your oil today, and if you need a top up soon, take a look at the online ordering system here.